Thursday, February 9, 2012

My First Blog

UPDATE: 3.1.2012
So I decided to linkup with Delightful Order today. And I really wanted to share my Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps, so that's why I'm linking this blog.

---------------

So this being my first blog, it's going to be filled with many random things that have taken place over the past couple weeks, as well as bit of an introduction of myself.


1. Marathon Makeover
So, last year, my parents started this program called Marthan Makeover, a program that turns couch potatoes into marthoners. This year, they wanted us to participate. The marathon is suppose to be in October, I think. This gives us plenty of time to take it slow, in order to build muscles and avoid injuries. They are really good about informing about safety, proper clothing/gear, the importance of streching, and all that other good stuff about running. I'm really excited to be a part of it, because not everybody can say that they have ran a marathon. We're in our third week of training. The first ten weeks of it, we are strictly to walk, that's just to build our muscles and get our bodies use to the activity. Even though I was decently active before I started the program, I decided to stick with the walking (1) because I'm a bit lazy and (2) I don't want, nor could I afford, an injury.

2. Yoga and Pilates
Along with the marathon, I've been getting into Pilates. I have a DVD that I do at home, and I LOVE it. It gives a good stretch throughout my entire body and I fill like I've been renewed. It can be hard at times though, I'm not use to moving like that. Not that the movements are hard, just they really work ya. Though, I found that whenever I get bored I'll just pop the DVD in and start doing pilates, not really for a reason, just because. At my University we have a Yoga Moves Club that I want to start going to. They meet on Tuesdays for an hour and a half. I was going to go this Tuesday, but I had another interest meeting that I went to that was during the class. Then next Tuesday, is Valentine's Day so I'm not sure if they are meeting or not. If so, I will be there, but if not, then the next Tuesday I will be there for sure!

3. Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps
I'm a part of a social organization at my University named Ladies Social Circle (LSC) and we had a potluck Super Bowl Party on Sunday and I made the most delicious little appetizers. Everyone loved them! They are so simple, and so easy, it is not even funny! It's a Paula Dean recipe and I'm going to share it with you, because food this delicious just has to be shared.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (1 lb) package sliced bacon
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder

Directions:
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
3. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick inserted on the diagonal starting where bacon seam overlaps.
4. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
5. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

*My friends and I also did this same recipe with little smokies instead of chicken, and those turned out really good as well.

**DISCLAIMER: This is not my recipe. I got it here: http://www.food.com/recipe/sweet-chicken-bacon-wraps-paula-deen-146427

If you would like a visual look at how to creat the Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps, click here for a video of Paula Dean making this delicious dish herself!

4. My Plants
Lately, I've gotten into plants. I recieved two beautiful Hibiscus plants (which by the way are my all time favorite flower). When they bloom, they are just the most beautiful things you have ever seen! As soon as one blooms again, I will post a picture. I acutally don't have them with me right now, they are back at my parent's house. I'm hoping that they will finally make it to my apartment within the month, so I have more plants in my home. Right now though, I planted seeds in a flowering pot. Well, today when I got home from class, I was greeted by this little bitty green sprout sticking up out of my flower pot. I was so excited to see that my seeds are actually growing! Expect more pictures as it continues to grow! I'm so happy that it finally is growing now, so that when my neighbors walk by I actually have something in my flower pot other than just soil. Lol!
Ya, the date is wrong, but it's coming along beautifully!!

5. Facts About Me
Lastly, I'll just add a little information about myself. I am in college studying Elementary Education. I have known I wanted to be a teacher literally since Kindergarten. I was that kid who asked for nothing but office supplies for Christmas. No lie. I love colors, and crafty things. I am the middle child of two sisters, whom both have a blog. Heather, my older sister, talks about her experience interning in Disney, along with fitness and other things. Check her out here. Then my younger sister, Vanessa, just started her blog and you can check her out here.

Well I think this is a good start off to my blogging. Hope you enjoyed. Don't forgot to follow me!


xoxo
tiffani.lauren

2 comments:

i2cucme said...

Love your blog! Anything recipe than includes bacon is good!

Nessa said...

Loved your first post! Thanks for linking me :)